Student kills himself in school over ‘infatuation with teacher’ in Islamabad

A seventh grader, Osama son of Alamgir Khan at a private school in Islamabad shot himself with a pistol inside the school premises on Monday morning.

The 14-year-old boy*, who studied at a small private school in a village near Tarnol, was in his classroom when he took the gun and shot himself in the stomach.
Initial investigations by the police showed that the boy was infatuated with a female teacher at the school and wanted to marry her. They also found a suicide note.
The note, which the boy had allegedly written to the principal of the school before killing himself, talked about his feelings for the teacher.
“I cannot live without her … I love [her]* very much. I wonder why these people don’t let us live,” the boy allegedly wrote in the letter.
The three-page-long, written in poorly-structured Roman Urdu, started with an apology to the school’s principal.
“Sorry sir, I know I shouldn’t have done all this in the school, but I cannot help it, I am in love. If possible, forgive me,” the boy wrote.
Further, he allegedly wrote in the letter that he did not want to die.
“Rescue me if possible because I do not want to die. I want to live with [her] forever… After I die, tell her that my love is real,” the
letter read.
He allegedly further said that he wanted to marry
the girl.
He also wrote that the pistol he had brought to school belonged to his father and requested the principal to throw the gun away after his death so that the police would not implicate his father.
In the letter, the boy also seems to have repeatedly pleaded with the principal to protect his father from being implicated in the suicide.
“Please do not hand over my papa to the police after my death … I will never forget this act of kindness.” the letter said.
The police claimed that the boy had written the letter but they were still investigating other aspects of the case, including how the boy managed to bring a pistol to school.“I cannot live without her … I love [her] very much. I wonder why these people don’t let us live. Sorry sir, I know I shouldn’t have done all this in the school, but I cannot help it, I am in love. If possible, forgive me.”
The three page long letter was written in Roman Urdu scripture, apologizing the school’s principal for suicide. He also mentioned that he did not want to die and wanted to marry the girl:
“Rescue me if possible because I do not want to die. I want to live with [her] forever… After I die, tell her that my love is real.”
The boy revealed that the pistol he shot himself with, belonged to his father and that the principal should throw it soon after his death, as to protect his father from being held accountable.
“Please do not hand over my papa to the police after my death … I will never forget this act of kindness,” the boy repeatedly asked his father to not be implicated.
Police is currently investigating, if there are any stains of criminal proceeding in the case or not. Names of the teacher and student have been reserved to protect their privacy.

Previous Post Next Post